BRING IN THE WOW FACTOR
Have you ever stood in front of a full length mirror and thought your outfit lacked something, but you didn’t know what? You could try and add on an accessory or playing around with the combinations until you liked what you saw? There is a rule of three’s, the three elements of interest can come from:
- The number of solid colours (shade of the same hue count as one)
- The Layering of fabric and/or garment
- The texture of the fabric
- Any accessories on the garment
- Any prints, patterns or motifs
ACCESSORIES – FINISHING TOUCHES
It’s in the detail and your own style personality to bring into play accessories, which will create magic to any outfit. So remember, if you’ve just bought a gorgeous new dress, you really don’t want to accessories it with an outdated piece of jewellery or old handbag or shoes that say yes, I remember that decade. If you’re going to be wearing something new, why not accessories it with something that says today! This will also include your hair style and make-up. So for example, if you are still wearing a long bob that drags your face down, you may want to re think and wear a cheeky shorter version? Wearing something that is dated can actually age you, do you really want to go there?
Essentially you can bring a staple piece of clothing to life by accessorising. This will give you endless opportunities for several outfits, helping you make the best of each and every item you own. Create several ensembles from day to night, just by changing the accessories.
If you’re not a fan of jewellery, start with a small piece and see how you feel. You may feel better in a new hand bag, could even be your statement item to bring a little wow factor to your outfit. Sneakers, flats or heels can also bring interest and confidence to your ensemble. As you become more confident, keep building your collection as you become more confident.
“Now it’s time for the big question and that is do you want to have quality or quantity, real or costume jewellery, or do you want a mixture of both? The decision is completely yours and there is no right or wrong answer.” – Ann Reinten.
Dress to feel attractive to yourself, bring joy into your life, others will notice and feel attracted to you too.
A COUPLE OF TIPS
- FOCAL POINTS – Are anything on your body that draws attention to itself . Accessories can to be one of the focal points in an outfit. The other could be a design element, motif, collar, ruffle, pattern or the end of a hemline.
- COLOUR – a bright blouse or lipstick. If you’re not happy where the first focal point is seen, then just rearrange your outfit. A focal point can draw attention towards or away from figure concerns. Focal points (accessories) can be anything from a fabulous statement necklace or a gorgeous pair of earrings, a bags, shoes, watch, sunglasses, belt or scarf.
- HARMONY – SCALE – Your wrist and ankle circumference determines your bone structure. Wear accessories (and prints/patterns) that are in scale with your body, height, weight and bone structure.
- HIDDEN ACCESSORIES – Beautiful, sensual lingerie is sometimes forgotten. When was the last time you splashed out and purchased a pretty or sexy silk, satin or lace piece of lingerie? Dress to feel attractive to yourself. Others will notice and feel attracted to you too.
“Wearing sexy underwear makes you feel and act sexy. Nobody can see it but they can tell!” – Trinny and Susannah.
Images – Getty, Vogue, Tom Ford, Whowhatwear,
LIGHT UP YOUR LIFE WITH ACCESSORIES!
You will notice the difference and I know for certain others will!
LIGHT UP YOUR LIFE WITH COLOUR
Personal Colour Analysis – find your best colours at AK Style, Anna Kozlowski will go through the process of finding your signature colours. The ones that make heads turn, the ones that make you feel alive, shine and put a smile on your face.
LIGHT UP YOUR LIFE, BOOK IN FOR A PERSONAL STYLIST SHOPPING TRIP
Recharge your wardrobe, with a shopping trip.
Be noticed for the right reasons.
There is a fabulous look for you, a look that’s right, right for your personality, your budget and your lifestyle. It’s your time to shine, what are you waiting for, embrace the now and just go for it!
I know it takes courage. If you embrace your new look, yet still staying true to yourself, you may really surprise yourself. You will certainly surprise those around you.